Uptown Entertainment District: Parades
The Uptown Entertainment District featured all your favorite parades from the past and some new excitements!
Click here for a map of Uptown Entertainment District parade routes.
1st Weekend, The new BIG Weekend!
Friday, February 6, 2015
Party Gras! Procession
The Lindstone Family, along with members of the Mystic Krewe of Aquarius, will celebrate the George Mitchell Mardi Gras Award with a pre-procession party on February 6, followed by a “second line” jazz procession to the Tremont Hotel.
George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Award Presentation
- Honoring The Lidstone Family
- Presented by: The Tremont House and Hotel Galvez
Award ceremony honoring The Lidstone Family will be held in front of the Tremont House at 5:30pm followed by a cocktail reception and the George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Parade.
George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Award Honoree Parade
- Honoring The Lidstone Family
The George P. Mitchell Parade Honoring the 2015 recipients, will begin at 7:00pm from The Tremont House with festive floats parading through the Historic Strand District on the kick off night of Mardi Gras! Galveston Friday, February 6, 2015.
Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade
Twirl your way through the streets of the Downtown Entertainment district Friday, February 6, 2015 for the 5th Annual Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade. This year we would like you to gather all your friends, family, and loved ones to join us in our quest to break our previous record of 2,314 Funky Brigaders. This FREE event offers families, friends, corporate groups, organizations and individuals a chance to do a little dance, have a lot of fun and get down tonight. Click here for more information.
- RETURNING! The 2nd Annual Official Umbrella Decorating Contest of Mardi Gras! Galveston. You are invited to submit an original decorated umbrella to be voted on by the public via the Mardi Gras! Galveston Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/MardiGrasGalvestonFunkyUptownUmbrellaBrigade
The top ten umbrellas will be showcased at the Official Mardi Gras! Galveston Poster & Umbrella Unveiling and the winning umbrella will lead the Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade Friday, February 6, 2015.
Click Here for 2015 Official Umbrella Decorating Contest Form
Krewe da’ Yaga’s Parade
- Only the most irie vibes will be heard from this Krewe. Rounding out the first night of Mardi Gras! Galveston 2015, Krewe da’ Yaga’s Café makes its return with a parade full of Yaga’s Café family of the past, present and future. This is one not to be missed. Board shorts and flip flops required!
Want to ride? Email email@example.com for more information!
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Jolly Jester Jaunt 5K/Jr. Jester Jaunt 1K Run for Fun!
Join us for the 104th celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston by galloping through the Historical Strand District (with an optional stick pony). The first 500 gallopers will be given jester hats and a jester themed run shirt to perform the whimsical event! This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a leisurely crawl through Galveston's Downtown Historic District & follow it up with a day of great Celebrations & Libations! The run is <5 kilometers long (1K for the Jr. Jesters) and will begin at 21st and Strand heading west to 25th street, loop around to Mechanic Street, and head back east to 21st street, making 3 laps. Walking and/or Running is permitted as this is a non-competitive, non-timed event! JUST HAVE FUN, GET SOME EXERCISE, AND DRINK SOME BEER. Must be 21+ to receive libations
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Kick-Off Parade
4th Annual Zaniest Golf Cart Parade
Why stop with a world record-breaking umbrella parade when you can have the Zaniest (DECORATED) Golf Cart Parade? This parade is another great chance for friends and family to get together and participate in this interactive display of the ZANY spirit of Mardi Gras! Galveston. Free Entertainment District entry to all participants of the parade.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Clear Channel Rocks the Block Parade
- Tune into this rockin’ parade as the Clear Channel Rocks the Block parade cruises down the Strand!
Krewe of Gambrinus Parade
Sunday, February 8, 2015
Presented by Moody National Bank
FREE ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT ENTRY. On Sunday, February 8th, the Entertainment District will be FREE to the public for a FAMILY GRAS celebration. We encourage you to bring the whole family down for 2 parades, live music, vendors and more!
Sunshine Kids Parade
Bring out the entire family for a day full of Sunshine. The Sunshine Kids Parade will begin at 1:00pm with festive floats. The Sunshine Kids is an organization that provides activities for children with cancer.
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Galveston Parade
- Family Gras continues at 3:00pm with the Shriners Hospitals for Children-Galveston Parade. Patients, families and friends of Shriners Hospital for Children will become a part of the Mardi Gras! Galveston festivities with floats, and Shriners Clowns and Mini-Cars!
Friday, February 13, 2015
Danny Weber Memorial Fire Truck Parade
- Danny Weber, Sr. was a lifelong Galvestonian who spent over 30 years in the Galveston Fire Department as he worked his way through the ranks, eventually becoming Fire Chief. After he retired, still wishing to serve the community he loved, he ran for City Council, serving three terms as the District 5 Representative. Danny was a devoted family man and a good friend to all who knew him. This parade is dedicated to Danny because of his love for his community, fire department, and Mardi Gras! Galveston.
Krewe Babalu All-Krewe Parade
Krewe of Maximilian Parade
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Z Krewe 21st Z Processional
Houston Chronicle Neauxs Krewe Parade
Hot off the press! This Neauxs Krewe will be rolling down Strand at 2:30pm tossing more than newspapers. Houston Chronicle is the 6th largest newspaper in the United States and a PROUD sponsor of Mardi Gras! Galveston.
- Details Coming Soon!
Knights of Momus Grand Night Parade
Sunday, February 15, 2015
Krewe of Barkus and Meoux Parade (Seawall Only)
Mardi Gras Childrens Parade (Seawall Only)
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Mystic Krewe of Aquarius 19th Annual Fat Tuesday