Uptown Entertainment District: Parades
The Uptown Entertainment District will feature all your favorite parades from the past and some new excitements!
To enter your own float or band in these uptown parades contact email@example.com.
Click here for a map of Uptown Entertainment District parade routes.
1st Weekend, The new BIG Weekend!
Friday, February 21st, 2014
Party Gras! Procession
- Join us for a Dixieland jazz band walking procession. To kick-off a parade in their honor, George Black and Posthumously Donald Schattel Sr. This will be the ultimate crowd pleaser!
George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Award Ceremony
- Honoring George Black and Posthumously Donald Schattel Sr.
- Presented by: The Tremont House and Hotel Galvez
Award to George Black and Posthumously Donald Schattel Sr. will be held in front of the Tremont House at 5:30pm followed by a cocktail reception and the George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Parade.
George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Parade
- Honoring George Black and Posthumously Donald Schattel Sr.
The George P. Mitchell Parade Honoring the 2014 recipients, will begin at 7:00pm from The Tremont House with the Budweiser Clydesdales, Ball High School Marching Band and festive floats and parade through the Historic Strand District on the kick off night of Mardi Gras! Galveston Friday, February 21, 2014.
Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade
Twirl your way through the streets of the Downtown Entertainment district Friday, February 21st 2014 for the 4th Annual Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade. This year we would like you to gather all your friends, family, and loved ones to join us in our quest to break our previous record of 1,792 Funky Brigaders. This FREE event offers families, friends, corporate groups, organizations and individuals a chance to do a little dance, have a lot of fun and get down tonight.
- NEW! This year we are proud to announce the 1st Annual Official Umbrella Decorating Contest of Mardi Gras! Galveston. You are invited to submit an original decorated umbrella to be voted on by the public via the Mardi Gras Galveston Funky Uptown
- Umbrella Brigade Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/MardiGrasGalvestonFunkyUptownUmbrellaBrigade
The top ten umbrellas will be showcased at the Official Mardi Gras! Galveston Poster & Umbrella Unveiling and the winning umbrella will lead the Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade Processional Friday, February 21st, 2014.
Click Here to Register!
Click Here for 2014 Official Umbrella Decorating Contest Form
Krewe da’ Yaga’s Parade
- Only the most irie vibes will be heard from this Krewe. Rounding out the first night of Mardi Gras! Galveston 2014, Krewe da’ Yaga’s Café makes its return with a parade full of Yaga’s Café family of the past, present and future. This is one not to be missed. Board shorts and flip flops required!
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Jolly Jester Jaunt 5K Run for Fun!
Only the most irie vibes will be heard from this Krewe. Rounding out the first night of Mardi Gras! Galveston 2014, Krewe da’ Yaga’s Café makes its return with a parade full of Yaga’s Café family of the past, present and future. This is one not to be missed. Board shorts and flip flops required! CLICK HERE.
Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Kick-Off Parade
We have come a long way baby! And we are ready to celebrate in a big way with our 26th annual parade featuring over 80 units including 20 high school marching bands. The colorful pageantry of the popular parade will spotlight 160 costumed Krewe members and the regal Aquarius royal court. Participating Krewes will be "Thalasar", Bacchus of Texas, Krewe DuLac and Krewe of Boudreaux. For the best and most beads do not miss this one!
Clear Channel Rock The Block Parade
- Tune into this rockin’ parade as the Clear Channel Krewe cruises down Strand! A BIG thank you to Clear Channel, 94.5 The BUZZ, Sunny 99.1, and 93.7 The Arrow.
Zaniest Golf Cart & Art Car Parade
Presented by: The Daily News Why stop with a world record-breaking umbrella parade when you can have the Zaniest (DECORATED) Golf Cart Parade? This parade is another great chance for friends and family to get together and participate in this interactive display of the ZANY spirit of Mardi Gras! Galveston. Free Entertainment District entry to all participants of the parade. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
- The streets of Galveston will be transformed into a whimsical pallet as the art cars return to Mardi Gras! Galveston. The parade will feature fun, wacky, Art Cars cruising down the Strand. This parade is sure to inspire the artist in us all!
Krewe of Gambrinus Parade
- King Gambrinus throws a party for 200,000 of his closest friends with over 650,000 throws with giant searchlights lighting up the night.
Build Your Own Krewe Parade
- Get the chance to experience Mardi Gras! Galveston from a whole new perspective!" We make it easy for you to BUILD YOUR OWN KREWE and ride in a Mardi Gras parade complete with float, beads, driver, balcony party and entry into Mardi Gras! Galveston. Join this parade and get your TICKET TO RIDE! Ask us how! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Sunday, February 23, 2014
PRESENTED BY MOODY NATIONAL BANK
- FREE ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT ENTRY. On Sunday February 3, the Entertainment District will be free to the public for a FAMILY GRAS celebration. Donations will be taken at the gate to benefit the Sunshine Kids and Shriners Hospitals for Children. We encourage you to bring the whole family down for the 2 parades, live music, vendors and more!
Jr. Jester Jaunt! 1K Run/Walk
The Jr. Jester Jaunt 1K is a great way for the entire family to have fun together, get some exercise, AND an early start to the FAMILY GRAS! activates all while showing their support for the incredible kids at Shriners Hospitals for Children and The Sunshine Kids! The race begins at 21st and Strand and continues around the Historic Strand District. Walking, running or strolling are encouraged at this non-competitive, non-timed event
for all ages! 100% of your entry fee will go to support the Sunshine Kids and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Click here for more information.
Sunshine Kids Parade
- Bring out the entire family for a day full of Sunshine. The Sunshine Kids Parade will begin at 1:00pm with festive floats and the Ball High School Marching Band. The Sunshine Kids is an organization that provides activities for children with cancer.
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Galveston Parade
- Family Gras continues at 3:00pm with the Shriners Hospitals for Children-Galveston Parade. Patients, families and friends of Shriners Hospital for Children will become a part of the Mardi Gras! Galveston festivities with floats, Ball High School Marching Band, and Shriners Clowns and Mini-Cars!
Friday, February 28, 2014
Danny Weber Memorial Fire Truck Parade
- Danny Weber, Sr. was a lifelong Galvestonian who spent over 30 years in the Galveston Fire Department as he worked his way through the ranks, eventually becoming Fire Chief. After he retired, still wishing to serve the community he loved, he ran for City Council, serving three terms as the District 5 Representative. Danny was a devoted family man and a good friend to all who knew him. This parade is dedicated to Danny because of his love for his community, fire department, and Mardi Gras! Galveston.
Krewe Babalu All-Krewe Parade
- Krewe Babalu of Galveston, a non-profit organization kicks off its 8th annual All- Krewe Parade. The parade will begin at 25th and Mechanics Row. It will then continue down Mechanics to 21st Street, go left on 21st to the Strand and the go left on Strand back to 25th street. Many of Galveston Island's krewes will again participate and be covered by generous amount of beads and throws. This year the Dynamo Girls from Houston will be the Honorary Grand Marshalls of this year’s parade and will be available to sign calendars after the parade at our balcony party. Come let the Good Times Roll with Krewe Babalu!!!
Krewe Maximillan Parade
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side and join Krewe of Maximillan as they roll into Galveston and down the Strand.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Z Krewe 19th Z Processional
Houston Chronicle Neauxs Krewe Parade
- Hot off the press! This Neauxs Krewe will be rolling down Strand at 2:30pm tossing more than newspapers. Houston Chronicle is the 6th largest newspaper in the United States and a PROUD sponsor of Mardi Gras! Galveston.
Knights of Momus Grand Night Parade
- Mardi Gras! Galveston’s largest parade will feature floats, marching bands, dignitaries, bead throwing and more. Parade starts at 23rd and Seawall Boulevard, turns right on 25th Street and continues to Mechanic Street. Right on Mechanic Street to 21st Street, left on 21stto The Strand. Left on Strand and end at the Railroad Museum.
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Krewe of Aquarius Fat Tuesday Parade
- Mystic Krewe of Aquarius presents "Fat Tuesday" at 6:30pm in the Strand District and historic downtown. Each year this grand parade in the final hours of Mardi Gras the Krewe's of Gambrinus, BABALU, Thalasar, Baccus and Z Krewe join Aquarius for the
- revelry. The parade will feature marching bands, dance teams and dozens of lighted floats. Come enjoy one of Galveston's most popular parades.